Wednesday, October 12, 2011

First day of real coursework

So today was the first day of real coursework. I've been through module 1 and some of module 2 of the AI course and started on the machine learning videos.

Both of these courses have in-video review questions, and that's in fact a good idea. In both of the classes the material so far is just repetition, but it's repetition of stuff I learned quite a few years back, so today's lesson is that this kind of repetition is something one should approach with some humility: I know this stuff, or at least so I believe, yet I've yet to score perfectly (on first attempt) on any (except one) of the review questions. I even managed to get most answers to the review-questions about tree and graph-search algorighms wrong. I didn't see that coming. However, I'm taking this in good spirits. This is fun, it's a bit more challenging than I thought it would be at this stage but that's ok :-)

No comments: