- Jboss tools doesn't work with MyEclipse, but do work with the J2EE distribution of Eclipse 3.2.2.
- Google AppEngine doesn't work with the ZSI web services library, and as far as I know there is no tractable way of getting web services in to or out of the AppEngine.
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron:
- a) Is incapable of seeing the disks on my spare workstation (which is surprising since both XP and the BIOS is perfectly capable of seeing them).
- b) Has a network configuration utility that seems broken beyond what simple twiddeling can fix: It is impossible to set a static IP address when running as a vmware appliance!! (this is actually quite mindboggling)
- jBoss 4.2.2 and jBossSeam installs and runs quite nicely under Ubuntu 7.10.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Stuff that works, and stuff that doesn't.
A (too large) part of my job seems to be finding out what pieces of software works together and which doesn't. So here is a short list of the last few day's findings: